Sunday, November 10, 2013

Invited for Lunch and Dinner

The Owner of the Guesthouse invited me for lunch and later for dinner. For Lunch
they've invited also the pastor and his "helping hand". As I ate the last days only
small fruits for lunch, I was very happy about that, but also did not expected that they tried
fatten me ;)
The Husband cooked three pigs over night in the ground and her wife made some side dish, like
baked pumpkin and a absolutely delicious salad (will publish the recipe when she sends it to me)
The pig perfectly cooked. The meat was very mellow/tender, like braised meat.
As they cooked the whole pig, I had also the chance of tasting the ear, cheek and the tongue.
I'm watching Bizarre Foods very often and remembered, ear, snout, cheek and tongue are some of the best parts
The snout I didn't taste, after I had enough to fight mentally with my self during chewing the
part of tongue. ;) To be honest, it was good, really good, but I couldn't ate more of it at this time.
 Maybe next time when I will have the chance and there will be not so much distaste present.

Not to mention, eating with fork and knife was frowned upon ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment