Friday, November 1, 2013

Doha International Airport

Arrived in Doha, sitting mellowed in the Onyx Business Lounge (the good think about the AA Platinum Challenge 
and flying American Airlines), eating my second plate, felling starved out ;) and waiting for my flight to KIX. 
But from the beginning...

ZRH-DOH
First time I flew Qatar Airways and I'm satisfied. Not as like my flights with Malaysia Airlines, 
BKK-KUL-BOM but close to it. The Oryx Inflight Entertainment-System was the best
 I had so far, the Service was nearly perfect and the Pinot Grigio they 
served was fantastic. 
But I had not so much fun with my seat. Last week I looked my booking up and 11A was 
reserved for me. Today at the check-in desk, I asked for 10A/10K, because what I heard, the 
Exit raw has no direct window. 10A/K was already assigned and they said I can have 
26K and there will be a windows... Why do I actually trust those people?
26K, Exit raw seat and 
maybe the worst seat you can get if you want the full "Dreamliner expericance". 
No direct window and you remote control for Oryx is fixed at the inside of your left arm rest, 
also I had some problems with the left speaker, had some random noises...
 Why do I actually trust those people?
So my only gleam of hope was the Pinot Grigio ;)

"Dreamliner Expericance", more than overrated in my opinion. In the past they
pushed statements in the newspapers like "new era for aviation".
As a passanger who flys a couple of times a year, it's more like flying a
pimped airplane. Sure, in the cabin is more space, also more space for the
bags, the windows are bigger and dimmable and there are some fancy LED lights
all around you but, none of this makes it a new era, at least for passengers.
The dimmable windows are the only think I'm impressed about, the rest felt 
more like doing case modding on my PC 10 years ago. That was the time where they start 
putting everywhere ice-blue LEDs. The thing about the cabin pressure, didn't realize that.
But from the technical perspective, as I learned during the Tour at the Boeing
Factory in Everett, it is a big step forward in the aviation.

Next flight, DOH-KIX A330-200 Qatar Airways
So, time for another plate (the Hummus and the Tabouli is awesome)
and something to drink ;)




No comments :

Post a Comment