Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bluewater

Today Mitch took us out with his boat to the FADs and around the reef.
First FAD, nothing after 60minutes, at the second one, after 15minutes,
two Wahoo's far away. As I read before, let them approach to you, so we did.
Shot, hit and the float was rushing over the surface, oh I love this ;)
But after a short sprint, it escaped. ;(

At least I shot later a Black Trevally and a Parrot Fish for Mitch and
his family. During the fight with the Travelly, another and bigger one
passed by and I also saw two Dogtooth Tuna's.
Why not 5 minutes earlier?

Last night today, time is running so fast. Bought some
Bear for later and put the rest of the barracuda out of the freezer
We both really enjoyed our stay here and for me it will be definitely not
the last time.


Niue has a population less than 1500 people, but only the half is
living on the Island. After this two weeks, it felt more like 200-300 people living
on Niue. So silent and not crowded at all. And what is very unusual
for someone from Europe, you don't have to look your stuff. Leave your room, car
unlocked, all fine. Leave your expensive gear on the terrance, nobody cares.
If you had asked me 5-10 years ago if I wanted to stay in a metropolis or
on a small island like Niue, it would have been the metropolis (but close to
the pacific), now it changed. I really would like to stay for a couple of years
on a small island, like Niue.

No comments :

Post a Comment