Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Diving Palau part 3

Third day and last day

Blue Corner and New-Drop-Off

The first dive today was the only one I would consider as worth it, I had so far in Palau.
Nothing really special, but a lot of fish. At no time you've been searching to see something.

Highlight (note the "" are missing ;-)): Melon-Headed Whales before Blue Corner and plenty of
Dogtooth Tuna.



So three days of diving Palau. 
They don't wanted to go with me and three other clients to Shark City. They told us, its only good 
on special times for example full-moon and exept that time, you only see a couple of sharks and the current is "super strong"
Mhh I only saw a "couple" of sharks (Grey's & Whitetip Reef), nothing special. Maybe for shark lovers, I was 
at the wrong place, wrong time of the year or been diving with the wrong company, I don't know. They also called 
Blue Coner "super strong" current. Compared to other pass dives I had, this was not even a quarter! Sissy's!!!
A older couple told me, 30 years ago they've been here and all the dives 
been at least 10m deeper and with more current. So whats that about? Making it more easy for the dive guides?
All the time I spotted bigger shadowws in the deep, and also spotted much more then the dive guide it self.
May I add "wrong dive guide" to the list above as well?

Anyway, definetely nice dive sites, but for me, not worth it going here again for diving!
For nearly the same money I can go to better places for diving and diving is cheaper over there too ;-)
I regret that I did not went there doing my travel, but i thought I try something else to find other nice places.

Some places are outstanding, some are not. I thought Palau is one of the outstanding onces, but not for me.
That's the bad thing when you already had one of the best diving at the beginning of your dive carier

No comments :

Post a Comment