Tuesday, February 25, 2014

All set for my trip to Ulithi Atoll

Today I finally set everything up for my travel to Ulithi in the Outer islands of Yap
Plane will leave Yap on the 3rd and return will be on the 21.03. Between 07.03 - 18.03, there is no chance
for getting a flight back to Yap. 
I now have my permission from the "Council of Tamoa", which allows me to stay on Falalop in Ulithi 
and some of the locals in my Village I'm staying, already gave me some names from people on some other
islands in Ulithi. I hope I can set something up when I'm there for some home stay on other islands.

The dive instructor told me, there is one place where he saw once over 60 Eagle Rays
at once ;). That’s what I'm searching for. I also hope there will be plenty of turtles to
see at Turtle Island and I will finally have a chance seeing a Tiger shark.
Hatching time is from July - October they told me, but their should be Turtles around all the year they 
are saying. Same for the Tiger sharks, which feed on the Turtles ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment