Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tongariro Alpine Crossing


19km walking up and down, worth it? YES, but if you want a sporty challenge, try not to
walk, instead just run as long as you can. I was expecting something close to
the volcano walk I did in the Azores last Year, at least the exercise part ;) But the rest was nice,
specially the view, the lakes and the red crater.



You will start at 1100m, climb up to 1900m and after 19km the finish line is on 750m
Compared to Mt. Pico, this track is VERY well prepared.
Greg, we should try to do this in under 4hours ;)

One picture for my male reader.. Can't wait to see this eruption ;)


At the moment I find it a bit annoying that we are surrounded by German speaking
people (Germans, Swiss). Sure everybody talks about New Zealand and going there, but
really so many? I'm not traveling around the world for meeting them...
Screw you all, that's my once a lifetime vacation!!! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment